Infinity Ward has released the very first patch for Modern Warfare 2. Titled Community Update Week One, this patch brings bug fixes across the board and resolves issues reported by players since its launch.
Modern Warfare 2 is the latest title in the iconic decade-old first-person shooter franchise, Call of Duty, and is a direct sequel to the 2019 hit. While the game brought back a few iconic characters, it also introduces some new to tell a dark and gripping story of trust and sacrifice against the backdrop of modern-day military espionage and action behind the enemy line.
The game has already garnered massive community support for its tactical approach to gunplay and has redefined the perk and gunsmith system. Nevertheless, there are still some bugs and issues in the game which the developers are addressing and promise to fix down the line.
Modern Warfare 2 Week One patch notes bring major changes across the board
The Modern Warfare 2 update is already available for download. Let’s take a look at the bug fixes and game improvements.
- Infinity Ward fixed a number of crashes affecting players across all platforms, including the bug that caused some players who were partying in-game to crash when matchmaking. The update should bring additional stability in terms of crashing. The developers will continue to monitor live issue reports and provide resolutions as soon as they can.
- Infinity Ward made general improvements to the game, including:
- Fixed various camos not unlocking during progression.
- Fixed frame rate drop issues.
- Addressed known crash issues.
- Overall performance improvements.
- Added fixes for stuttering and lag issues.
- A recent NVIDIA hotfix fixed some critical issues. Please make sure you are running the game on the 526.61 driver.
- The PC benchmark map has been updated with a more accurate reading of the FPS display.
- Infinity Ward is actively collecting weapon performance and usage data and will provide detailed weapon balance updates with the launch of Season 01.
- Last week, Infinity Ward disabled the tuned attachments feature due to an issue affecting players with 4 or more tuned attachments equipped at a time. They re-enabled the attachments setting in last night’s update, so players will no longer have issues equipping attachments to a weapon.
- Enemy or live ping will remain disabled in multiplayer until a fix is implemented with the launch of Season 01. This is due to a bug where ping would remain on some players even after death. KBM players are currently still able to ping danger.
- The player icon on the minimap will no longer disappear after reviving a player in certain modes.
- Modern Warfare 2 added Hotel Breenbergh to the third-person Moshpit
- There are no significant changes to the map, but Infinity Ward fixed various geometry exploits and bugs in the days after the game launched. They will continue to make small fixes through daily updates.
User Interface/User Experience
- The developers continue to refine the Modern Warfare 2 UI and will have more details in the Season 01 release notes.
In addition to the changes the developers have already made, they are also actively tracking live issues. Some of the known issues at this time include:
The developers are aware of the following issues and fixes are in the works
- Riot shield provides invincibility against chopper and VTOL shooter
- DDOS field upgrade availability bug
- A bug affecting the height of the helicopter, which allows them to leave the map in some cases
The Modern Warfare 2 Community Update is available to download on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, and Windows PC via Battle.net and Steam. Players can jump in and play the game today.