Apex Legends is developed by Respawn Entertainment as a battle royale hero shooter. It is a free game which can be played on PC, Xbox, Playstation, etc. It is an online multiplayer battle royale game with three-player teams of predefined characters with distinctive abilities called Legends. Apex Legends players on Xbox consoles see the ‘Connection rejected: invalid token‘ Error. In this guide, we have some solutions to fix it.
Login Rejected Invalid Token Error in Apex Legends on Xbox Console
If you see Connection rejected: invalid token in Apex Legends on Xbox console, you can fix it in the following way.
- Restart your router
- Change DNS on Xbox Console
- Create a new router profile with unlimited APN
- Enable UPnP in your router settings
- Contact EA Support
Let’s go into the details of each method and fix the problem.
1]Restart your router
The main reason why this error occurs on Apex Legends is an inconsistent internet connection. You must turn off your browser and wait a few seconds before turning it back on. If you are unable to use the internet on other devices as well, fix the issues.
2]Change DNS on Xbox Console
Even if the DNS server is inconsistent, you will see the connection invalid token rejected error. You need to change the DNS on your Xbox console to resolve it.
To change DNS server on Xbox console-
- On the Xbox home screen, click the Gear icon and select All settings
- Find it Network tab and select it
- To select Advanced settings in network settings
- Then click DNS settings and choose Manual
- Enter 188.8.131.52 as primary DNS and 184.108.40.206 as Secondary DNS and select Save Changes
- Then restart your Xbox console and launch Apex Legends and see if the error is gone.
3]Create a new router profile with unlimited APN
The other way to fix the error is to create a new router profile with unlimited access point name (APN). An unrestricted APN never asks for game information to connect to the game server unlike a restricted APN. The new profile with unlimited APN will remove the roadblock between your Xbox and the game server that causes the error Connection rejected: invalid token on Apex Legends.
To create a new router profile with unlimited APN,
- Log in to your router page with the address and credentials provided on the router, such as 192.168.1.1 or another like that.
- Click on Settings in the menu bar of the router page and click on Remote access and profile management
- Now create a new profile with the details below.
- Profile name: unrestricted
IP Type: IPv4
- Then save the settings and restart your router.
4]Enable UPnP in your router settings
If Network Address Translation (NAT) is not open for the network using which you are accessing Apex Legends, you may see the error Connection rejected: Invalid token. This can be fixed by enabling Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) on your router.
To enable UPnP on your router,
- Log in to the router with the address and credentials given to you on the router. (Most routers are accessible with 192.168.0.1 Where 192.168.1.1 with username administrator and 1234 as password)
- After logging in, click Advanced in the menu bar
- Then select NAT forwarding. You will find UPnP as its submenu. Click on it
- Then enable UPnP and close the settings
- Restart your router and launch Apex Legends and see if the error is resolved.
Related: Fix UPnP not successful error on Xbox
5]Contact EA Support
If none of the above methods solved the problem, you should contact EA Support at EA Help website. They might be able to fix the problem.
Why is my Apex so slow?
Apex or Apex Legends may be late for various reasons. There may be a problem with the internet connection, graphics drivers, corrupt game files, or bugs in the game.
How can I improve my Apex Legends login?
You can improve the connection of Apex Legends with a fast and reliable internet connection, updating or installing all the patches from time to time, optimizing your router, etc.